What is Insight Meditation
Insight Meditation, also known as Vipassana meditation, is the oldest mediation taught by the Buddha & is based on the Satipathana Sutta (The Discourse on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness) taught by the Buddhas as a direct path for liberation from suffering for all beings. This meditation involves mindfulness of body, feelings, mind & objects of the mind. This is done by bare non-judgemental awareness of one’s inner experiences. The practitioners learn to observe thoughts, emotions, and sensations as they arise without judgment.
Benefits of Insight Meditation?
Insight Meditation has brought a profound impact on my life. Some of its benefits are – Benefits of Insight Mediation are as follows:
1) Liberation from Suffering and Attainment of Nirvana: The ultimate goal of Insight Meditation, as outlined in the Buddha’s teachings, is the liberation from suffering and the realization of Nirvana. Through the diligent practice of mindfulness and insight, individuals can transcend the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth (Samsara) and experience the profound peace and freedom that Nirvana represents.
2) Greater peace & wellbeing – Practice of Insight Meditation allows meditators to be at greater peace & wellbeing in diffrenet situations & better handle the ups and downs of day to day life
3) Emotional Regulation: The practice cultivates emotional resilience and equanimity, allowing practitioners to respond skillfully to life’s challenges and stressors.
4) Enhanced Concentration: Over time, Insight Meditation fosters an increased capacity for sustained attention, which can have positive effects on various aspects of life.
5) Greater Self-Awareness: Practitioners develop an intimate understanding of their thought patterns and habits, leading to personal growth and self-improvement.
How to get started with learning Insight Meditation:
To incorporate Insight Meditation into your life, it is advisable to seek guidance from an experienced practitioner & teacher. I am a Certified Mindfulness Coach & Insight Meditation & I practise & teach Insight Meditation in the great tradition of Burmese Monk Mahasi Sayadaw. If you’re eager to embark on your journey of Insight Meditation, I can help you get started with the daily practice of Insight Meditation through a One-to-One Coaching Session. Details of the session as follows:
Mode of session: Live One to One Session Over Zoom
Language: English or Hindi as per your convenience
Duration of session: 1 hour
Energy Exchange: INR 2,000/- (USD 30)
After making payment, please wait for a few hours & you will receive a callback from my side to schedule the session. Around 10 mns before scheduled time, I will share the Zoom link for the session. Any questions or clarifications, please WhatsApp on +91 7700 953 810.
- Choose a quiet location where you can remain undisturbed for next 1 hour.
- Join via laptop. Double-check your Zoom video & audio & Wi-Fi connection prior to the session. Ensure that the battery is sufficiently charged.
- Wear loose comfortable clothes. Drink some water prior to the session and also have a glass of water & some tissues/napkin handy.
- If you have prior meditation experience, do make a list of the blocks/issues you face so that we can discuss on them & I can guide you on those issues during our session.
Terms & Conditions:
This session does not replace the need for proper medical or professional advice wherever necessary. If you are under treatment for any mental health condition, please consult your doctor prior to enrolling for this session & practise only under the guidance of your doctor and do not alter/stop your medicines without consulting your doctor. You take full responsibility for the outcome of the session & the practice at your end & do it entirely at your risk & liability. Fee once paid is non-refundable. Penalty of INR 500/- for a) no-show cases or b) re-schedule request received less than 24 hours from the start time of session. A view-only recording access for 3 days will be provided of the session – if you need the recording, please request at the start of the session.
Stay Connected with Lighthouse Souls – https://linktr.ee/lighthousesouls